Are you ready to join an exceptional team at the forefront of innovation in the Smart Building and IoT sector?
We are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about shaping the future of intelligent buildings and connected environments. Working with us means being part of a highly skilled, dynamic, and collaborative team that thrives on pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
At One Sightsolutions, you’ll have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects that harness the power of technology to create sustainable, efficient, and smarter spaces. If you’re driven by innovation, eager to learn, and excited about making a real impact in a rapidly evolving industry, come join us and be a part of our journey to transform the way buildings operate and people live and work within them. Your skills and ideas will be the building blocks of a smarter, more connected future.
The role be based at our offices in Hartley Wintney, Hampshire as part of the Operations Team, but also across various project sites as required – these are most commonly in the central London area.
The Smart Building Service & Maintenance Engineer holds a specialised position within the One Sightsolutions Operations Team, tasked with servicing, maintaining, and optimising key One Sightsolutions integrated smart building clients. This role also encompasses the development of small works projects, harnessing IoT (Internet of Things) technologies to enhance building automation and efficiency. The primary objective is to ensure the seamless operation of smart building systems while meeting the highest customer expectations and maintaining 24/7 system uptime.
Primary Service & Maintenance Responsibilities
- Smart Building Maintenance: Responsible for the maintenance of integrated smart building solutions, including systems powered by Niagara AX, Niagara N4, and eSight, as well as JACE products.
- IoT Integration: Collaborate in the integration of IoT devices and sensors into building systems to enhance automation, data collection, and predictive maintenance.
- Cost Estimation: Prepare detailed cost estimates for service projects, including labour and materials required.
- Scheduled Maintenance: Create and manage maintenance schedules, perform routine system checks, and generate comprehensive maintenance reports.
- Equipment Management: Select appropriate equipment and generate purchase order requests as needed for maintenance and upgrade projects.
- System Design: Contribute to system design by developing topologies, points lists, design documents, and RAMS (Risk Assessment and Method Statements).
- Time Management: Efficiently manage personal schedule to meet client expectations and project deadlines.
- Small Works Implementation: Execute approved small works projects within specified timeframes while maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Issue Resolution: Diagnose and resolve any issues arising from BMS (Building Management System) faults promptly and effectively.
- PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance): Oversee PPM schedules and respond to reactive maintenance tasks as they arise.
- Project Progress: Attend internal project progress reviews with the Operations Director to ensure projects are on track.
- Financial Responsibility: Manage financial aspects of small works projects, including raising monthly applications and invoicing schedules.
- Product Support: Provide technical support, handle product support calls, and assist with training as required.
- Client Training: Deliver focused client training sessions and assist in conducting Niagara N4 training modules.
- Quality Assurance: Adhere to the company’s quality procedures for project delivery to ensure consistency and excellence.
- Time Tracking: Maintain detailed weekly timesheets to document project activities.
Qualifications, Certifications, Education, and Skills
- HNC or Equivalent: Hold an HNC in a building services discipline, such as HVAC, or demonstrate substantial relevant work experience.
- Systems Integration: Possess at least 3 years of experience in systems integration within the HVAC and DCIM (Data Centre Infrastructure Management) domains.
- Niagara N4 Expertise: Have advanced expertise (4-5 years) in Niagara N4, a crucial component of smart building systems.
- Protocol Proficiency: Be proficient in protocols such as BACnet, Modbus, SNMP, and LON, essential for IoT and smart building communication.
- Software and Graphics: Have a minimum of 3 years of experience with software and graphics packages for mainstream building automation systems.
- Computer Literacy: Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
Flexibility and Collaboration
As a valuable member of our small company, adaptability is key. You may be required to undertake various tasks or assist other engineers within the Ops Support Team. This could include tasks not explicitly defined in your job description, such as providing coverage for Service & Maintenance clients when necessary. Your flexibility and teamwork will contribute to the overall success of our operations.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000.00-£55,000.00 per year
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Hartley Wintney