Join the Team
Front-end Software Developer
One Sightsolutions are looking for a highly motivated front-end software developer who is keen to learn and apply new technologies to develop creative solutions for our customers.
Although the role will be focused on web application front-ends the candidate is expected to have full-stack experience and will work on a range of application areas including database access alongside other team members who will be more focused on back-end systems.
This is an exciting new opportunity to become a core member of a small but growing team of developers working in the IoT technology space. The applicant must be comfortable working both individually with complete ownership of tasks, but also be an enthusiastic team player. Training and domain knowledge transfer will be provided, and technical guidance given by the software development lead. Personal & technical progression is actively encouraged.
- Web application development including responsive user interface design.
- Design and development of application back-end databases.
- Work with end-users and other engineers to identify application requirements.
- Report software development progress.
- Perform testing and automated test development.
- Create and maintain product documentation.
- Promote knowledge sharing across the team and company.
- Proven experience of developing modern responsive web application front-ends using mainstream web frameworks.
- Full-stack experience including user interface design, managing secure application client-server communication and database access.
- Ability to understand complex RESTful web APIs including their security requirements.
- Design and management of relational database schemas.
- A keen aptitude for learning new technologies and working outside of their comfort zone.
- Independent problem solving.
- Ability to show initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, as well as individually as and when required.
- Data analytics and machine learning.
- Experience of using non-relational database technologies (e.g. NoSQL databases).
- Web server administration skills (e.g. Apache).
- Linux administration skills.
- Networking knowledge (e.g. configuration and fault finding).
- Familiarity with GIT source control and software management workflows.
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
A full UK driving license and proof of eligibility to work in the UK (if required) is necessary for this role.
For more info on One Sightsolutions, see https://onesight.solutions