Software Developer (IoT/Java)
One Sightsolutions are the leading Smart Building products & solutions provider in the UK. Our offering includes a wide range of IoT products (hardware & software), solution design for projects both large and small, training & certification as well as cloud hosting options.
We are a problem-solving business in the commercial Internet of Things space and as part of this we develop and maintain our own selection of software products to advance the functionality and connectivity of the Smart Building IoT ecosystem.
We are looking for a highly motivated junior software developer (Java-centric) who is keen to learn and apply new technologies to develop creative solutions for our customers.
This is an exciting new opportunity to become a core member of a small but growing team of developers working with IoT technologies. The applicant must be comfortable working both individually with complete ownership of tasks, but also be an enthusiastic team player. Training and knowledge transfer will be provided, and technical guidance given by the software development lead. Personal & technical progression is actively encouraged.
- Design and develop Smart Building and IoT software.
- Report software development progress.
- Work with end-users and other engineers to identify product requirements.
- Perform testing and automated test development.
- Create and maintain product documentation.
- Perform routine software maintenance.
- Promote knowledge sharing across the team and company.
- Solid foundational knowledge of the Java programming language and OOP in general.
- A keen aptitude for learning new technology and working outside of their comfort zone.
- Independent problem solving.
- Ability to show initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, as well as individually as and when required.
- Experience of using database technologies such as MySQL.
- Linux administration skills.
- Networking knowledge (e.g. configuration and fault finding).
- Familiarity with GIT source control and software management workflows.
Job type: Full time