One Sightsolutions are the leading Smart Building products & solutions provider in the UK. Our offering includes a wide range of IoT products (Hardware & Software), solution design for projects both large and small, training & certification as well as cloud hosting options.
We are a problem-solving business in the commercial Internet of Things space and as part of this we develop and maintain our own selection of software products that either expand on our existing offerings, or bring something completely new to the table.
One Sightsolutions are looking for a skilled Java developer to join our rapidly growing business within this exciting market space. This Technical Lead role is the first step in an exciting new development direction for the business and would suit a skilled Java developer who is hungry to learn, likes a challenge and wants to own their own process in the software development lifecycle.
This role assumes the successful applicant will have a very strong knowledge of Java programming and object-oriented concepts in general. They shall also be expected to quickly learn and adapt to developing on the Tridium Niagara 4 platform (The software product on which the majority of our business is based). Documentation and Training will be provided/arranged.
- To review, understand, cleanse and take ownership of a small number of existing projects that currently exist at various stages of the development lifecycle.
- To design and implement a clear & concise development process to be adhered to by all future team members within the business. This includes guidelines on code structure, version control, beta feedback & bug tracking, as well as committing to a repository system such as Git/TFS or other preferred option.
- Help to build a successful and efficient software development team as per business requirements.
- Serve as the technical lead for said development team, demonstrating technical prowess to lead other members of the team and promote skill growth.
- Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in order to fulfill project & product requirements as well as implement any required development lifecycle supporting systems and infrastructure.
- Understand our core product offering, the Tridium Niagara Framework and quickly become proficient in developing on the platform.
- Manage the software development lifecycle and be responsible for all testing phases, documentation and bug tracking.
- Very strong knowledge of the Java programming language and OOP in general, minimum 2 years professional experience, certifications that prove competence advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of available Java tooling & frameworks such as Struts, Spring, Maven, Gradle, Ant, JUnit, Spock etc…
- A keen aptitude to learning new technology and working outside of their comfort zone.
- Excellent communication skills, not just within the development team, but to those outside of the development workflow such as senior IT, sales and directors.
- Strong understanding of relational database technologies such as MySQL.
- Foundational knowledge of basic relevant network protocols such as HTTP and MQTT.
- Experience working with and deploying collaboration tools and repositories such as GIT, Team Foundation Server or others.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, as well as individually as and when required.
This is a Full Time office based role however there may be opportunity for elected days working from home. Standard place of work would be at our offices in Yateley, Hampshire, UK. 37.5hr week, of which hours may be flexible.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Our office hours are 8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
By road we are 5 minutes away from junction 4a on the M3, via the A327 towards Yateley. We are almost directly opposite the entrance to The Cricketers Pub. For those who wish to stay local during your visit, the nearest hotel to our office is www.thecasahoteluk.com, which is a very short walk. We have a negotiated rate with the Casa Hotel, so please mention One Sightsolutions when booking to take advantage of this.
Alternatively The Ely Pub has rooms and is a very short drive away. Premier Inn also have various locations close by, including Fleet and Sandhurst. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.