The IOM range of I/O modules are designed for use as local I/O within motor control cabinets or as remote I/O connected via RS485 Modbus. Typical applications include building automation control systems.
The CON and CON-R modules provide a convenient means to connect power and 2-wire RS485 Modbus communications to one or more I/O modules without any extra wiring. The IP20 rated modules may be plugged together with other IOM modules and fitted onto standard TS35 DIN rail or fitted directly onto a backplate using screw fixings.
The CON module contains over-voltage protection on the power terminals and an electromagnetic interference (EMI) filter on the communications terminals. It also contains termination and bias resistors which can be switched into circuit by means of dip switches.
The CON-R module simply contains connection terminals. It is used in combination with a CON module to provide a cost effective solution for the protection and connection of local and remote I/O modules in a communications network.
▪ DIN rail or direct mounting
▪ The CON & CON-R provide convenient power and Modbus connections for the full range of IOM input and output modules
▪ Over voltage protection on power terminals (CON)
▪ EMI filter on communications terminals (CON)
▪ Integrated termination and bias resistors activated by dip switches (CON)