IT/Software Project Engineer
One Sightsolutions are looking for a skilled IT/Software Engineer to join our UK based operations team, helping to deliver cutting edge Smart Building systems to several prestigious clients, usually based in and around London.
This is a ‘Data Driven’ role and the ideal candidate will have a keen aptitude for working with new technology, particularly IoT/Internet of Things devices and applications. Key elements of the role as follows:
- Research and test new IoT hardware/software for Network and Data compliance.
- Work with modern data handling protocols such as MQTT & REST API’s
- Understand and put in place technology to visualize Building data sets.
- Help to solve data integration problems via software development.
- Implement and adhere to IT/Network security requirements such as certificates/PKI/TLS.
The IT/Software Engineer position does not focus or specialize in one key area. Rather they should have a flexible, adaptable skillset and will be able to apply themselves to whichever area of technology the business or a particular project requires. This is a very exciting opportunity to work in an industry in the middle of a data revolution, for a company undergoing huge growth. There will be ample opportunity to learn, demonstrate technical prowess and develop into a key design/decision maker within the business.
The following skills are required for this position, but we do understand that we work in a specialist industry so plenty of knowledge transfer/training will happen anyway:
- Good foundation in TCP/IP networking, basic route/switch practice.
- Awareness and hands-on experience working with REST API’s / MQTT / Other data interfaces/protocols.
- Software development experience of an ad-hoc fashion/scripting/break-fix (Object Orientated, mixed languages/full stack preferred)
- Hands on experience will major Operating systems (Windows Server 2016+ / Debian Linux / RHEL
- Device & Software testing, bug reporting, issue tracking
The role will be based primarily from our offices in Yateley, Hampshire, UK, along with visits to client project sites in and around the London area primarily.
This is a full-time position, salary negotiable. A full UK driving license + transport is required.
Salary dependent on experience, circa 20k starting, however this may be increased for the right candidate. Growth/development opportunities for career progression are plentiful within this business and progression is actively encouraged and success rewarded.
Reference ID: OSS-TECHSUPPORT1
Job Type: Full-time