One Sightsolutions Ltd, a leading UK based Smart Building technology services company seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic financial professional to help the business achieve its key growth targets through management of business-as-usual financial processes and by improving our long-term operational efficiency.
Position type: Full time
Location: Hartley Wintney, Hampshire, UK.
Salary: ~50-60k dependent on experience.
This is a broad role and encapsulates all financial areas of the business. As the business continues to grow, there will be strong emphasis placed on improving efficiency within finance & admin which will include reviewing the accounting and business systems in place, ensuring they are fit for purpose and making changes where necessary. This position will be responsible for taking ownership of such systems and processes with the successful candidate working closely with & reporting to the Directors of the business to ensure we have the correct tools & processes in place to enable us to achieve our ambitious growth targets.
As Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the following business-as-usual items:
- Ensuring purchase and sales invoices entered onto software, checked for accuracy and filed.
Create and manage payment schedules, management accounts, monthly profit and loss and year end documentation for the accountants.
- Operate and file monthly CIS returns and payments, including EPS submissions (via accountants).
- Create and file VAT returns (using software), manual checks and filings compliant with MTD legislation.
- Liaising with accountants and co secretary to ensure company filings are completed.
- Working with the business administrator and Operations Director to oversee project administration, monthly project invoicing, P&L adjustments as well as ensuring project purchases and deliveries are accurately transacted.
- Working with line managers and/or department heads to oversee the financial aspect input to: Delivery of product sales, warehousing, stock management and licensing. Liaising with suppliers over supply issues/pricing/licensing and ensuring credits vs supplier RMAs are received.
- Financial input into onboarding of new products, assisting with their set-up on our business systems.
In addition to the above business-as-usual responsibilities there will be an element of, or input to:
- Managing company finances – bank accounts and factoring facility. Liaise with key contacts of those financial institutions – e.g. bank manager, factors etc
- Attend and present for management meetings: Departmental and accounts information, and any other relevant observations.
- Provide payroll information to accountants, and manage the submissions and payments of PAYE & NIC.
Experience & Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience working within business/corporate finance covering several of the responsibilities listed for this role.
- Demonstratable understanding of standard UK business financial practice. VAT, HMRC Submissions, Payroll, Payments, Invoicing etc…
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent mathematics/numeracy skills.
- A strong, professional level understanding of/experience with standard business/finance software, namely Sage Accounts.
- Professional computer literacy skills. Standard Microsoft Windows/Office applications, email/print/scan/managing files, supplier web portals etc..
**Any professional or degree level qualifications in accountancy/business administration/finance will be highly advantageous.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious financial professional to join a rapidly growing SMB within the software/technology industry. One Sightsolutions welcomes this new team member and can’t wait to get started working together, taking our business to exciting new heights throughout 2022 and beyond!